Hey, thanks for checking out the Content Writer role at Deepcrawl!
At Deepcrawl, we empower the world’s leading brands to harness their websites’ full revenue potential through the one initiative most businesses overlook – technical SEO.
Our Technical SEO SaaS platform is used every day by thousands of enterprise businesses as well as all six major global group advertising agencies – including leading brands like Adobe, eBay, Microsoft, Twitch, Canva, and Paypal. And the number of brands using Deepcrawl is growing every day!
This is where you come in. To help drive our growth, we’re looking for an agile, ambitious content writer to join our marketing team and assist our Content Marketing Lead with producing high-quality content that really speaks to our audiences in the MarTech landscape.
(Please include a link to at least 3 sample writing pieces alongside your CV when you apply — no need for it to look like a perfectly designed portfolio if you don’t already have one; we know everyone’s busy! Plain links to past articles or other forms of content you’ve written will be perfectly fine—whether live on a website, or just in Google Docs / Word /PDF format.)
Please note that this role is Remote-first hybrid from New York or Remote from East Coast States.
A brief overview of what you’ll be doing at Deepcrawl
As Deepcrawl’s newest Content Writer, you will work closely with our Content Marketing Lead and help write, research, and edit a variety of content projects for B2B audiences.
Content types you’ll be working on include: blog posts, eBooks/whitepapers, website content, social media posts, press releases, and multimedia content (podcasts and videos)— you’ll also help with brand messaging efforts to help ensure our tone of voice and quality standards are met across all forms of content.
The ideal candidate
You should be comfortable researching and reporting on a variety of digital marketing, SEO, website development, and business strategy topics and be generally aware of/interested in current MarTech trends. Journalistic mindsets are very welcome! — You’ll ideally love to dig into new subjects to find great, credible sources of information and data to include in your articles — and to help fact-check others’ articles as well.
Strong proofreading and editing skills will be key in this role (primarily in American English) and some familiarity with AP Style would also be a plus.
Some experience with other forms of digital content production, in addition to writing and editing, would also be a plus —this might include website content experience (WordPress / basic HTML), audio or video production experience, or basic design skills.
• Contribute to content marketing activities, including writing regular content pieces for our website, blog, social media, email newsletters, and advertising campaigns.
• Research trending and industry-related topics that are relevant to our audiences and suggest ideas for new content. (These will be topics relevant to B2B audiences, including writing about subjects such as digital marketing strategies, search engine optimization, and MarTech more generally.)
• Work with our Content Marketing Lead to help plan, research, and create insightful written and multimedia content for multiple audiences.
• Proofread and edit blog posts before publication, keeping SEO best practices in mind.
• Ensure consistency with brand voice and content strategy.
• Research and share insights about our audience and competitors.
• Work with colleagues to plan and implement marketing campaigns.
• General marketing support
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an ambitious content producer/writer to hit the ground running within a quickly scaling tech company, with support from our Content Marketing Lead and wider marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience writing for B2B SaaS businesses
- Impeccable English writing, editing, and proofreading skills (Note: Our content is primarily written in American English.)
- Excellent research and fact-checking skills — and the ability to find trustworthy, interesting sources for relevant data and information to include in your articles.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Knowledge of digital marketing and the current MarTech landscape
- Experience in web publication (WordPress experience and basic HTML skills are a major plus)
Nice bonuses to have:
- Audio editing/podcast production experience
- Video production editing experience
- Basic graphic design skills (Photoshop/Figma/etc.)
Deepcrawl is committed to our cultural values. They’re not just platitudes, they’re the DNA of our entire company:
- We are agile
- We work as one team
- We get s*** done
- We make an impact
- …and we make it fun!
In our most recent Company engagement survey, 93% of our colleagues would recommend Deepcrawl as a great place to work. Sound like a culture you’d like to be a part of? Join us!
- We’re an innovative and fast growing start-up
- Funding from a prominent Venture Capital firm
- An international business, with clients all over the world and offices across London, New York City and Krakow
- Flexible working from home & remote working policy
- Potential to travel to other offices
- Annual personal training budget
- Company trips
- Paid caregiver leave
- Virtual & office drinks & lunches
- Comprehensive private healthcare cover (DeepCrawl covers 100% of premiums for you and your dependents)
- 1 paid volunteering day per quarter
- 2 personal days per year
- Summer Fridays (July-August)
- A minimum of 5 paid safe and sick days per year
- Company option shares participation
- Newest hardware
- Classpass or gym/fitness membership contributions
Deepcrawl is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a fast-growing and innovative tech company, then please apply with your CV.
Apply for Role