Financial Accountant (US)
Overview of DeepCrawl
DeepCrawl is the global leading Technical SEO SaaS platform for the Enterprise, providing actionable data for flawless website architecture. By identifying and monitoring key issues that could affect SEO performance, we empower our clients to optimize their websites for users and search engines alike. This enables our clients to drive further traffic and revenue from their organic channel.
We are trusted by 54% of enterprise brands as well as all 6 major global group advertising agencies, including Nestle, Lenovo, Vodafone, GroupM, Zappos, Deliveroo, Made.com and Canva among thousands of other companies.
Our ultimate vision is to become the tool of choice for marketers across the world – letting them analyse their sites to identify key insights. To help us support that vision we’re looking for bright, ambitious, and tenacious talent to join our team as a Financial Accountant.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the VP Finance based in London, this role requires a technically strong, analytical, and ambitious individual. Responsible for the US Holding and US trading entity, a key focus will be compliance with US tax laws and management of the US finance function with focus on revenue growth, cost control and monthly management reporting. You will work closely with the US team to ensure the US scales in accordance with our business plans. The role will also provide the opportunity to build out the US finance function to support the business as it grows. A high achiever in this role would expect to progress to Financial Controller in 12 to 18 months. Netsuite experience would be advantageous.
- Tax compliance
- Full ownership of the region’s Profit & Loss and Balance sheet statements
- Manage finance operations and be the go-to contact for operational finance support
- Translating monthly reporting and other information to the senior US team and other key staff
- Act as a key business partner to the US Leadership Team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all co-members of the regional management team, ensuring the business unit scales in line with the Company growth plans
Taxation and Compliance
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings and returns, and ensure timely submission to authorities
- Liaise with our external accounting firm to prepare and file federal, state, and local taxes
- With the support of the VP Finance, manage the US audit of DeepCrawl Holding Company and DeepCrawl Inc.
- Manage online cap table (including relevant tax submissions) and stock options plans including execution of option agreements to employees
- Operate within the agreed regional budgets and devise actions plans against adverse variances
- Assist in generating the monthly revenue forecast and maintaining GP focus
- Identifying operational inefficiencies to drive profitability improvements.
- Process payroll, including monthly and quarterly bonus payments
- Manage the local finance ledgers (debtors, creditors) and expenses process
- Adhere to controls as defined by the Group and local laws/practices
- Plan and build out the US Finance Function
- 3-5+ years of proven accounting experience
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
- Strong understanding of US taxes ideally with a tax background from a CPA firm
- Experience of liaising with external auditors
- Strong understanding of internal controls and how to implement process improvements
- Worked in organizations with the following attributes
- business to business
- sales focus
- fast growing, e.g. from 80 people to 160, or from $10m to $30m revenue
- Strong technical accounting ability, including deep knowledge of US GAAP
- SaaS business and key KPIs
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong knowledge of US taxes including:
- US sales tax
- Commercial rent tax
- Corporate taxes
- Payroll taxes
- Knowledge of Netsuite or utilised different accounting systems
Why work for DeepCrawl?
- We’re an innovative and fast growing start-up
- Funding from a prominent Venture Capital firm
- Beautiful and spacious office space in the very heart of Manhattan
- An international business, with clients all over the world and offices across London, New York City and Krakow
- Flexible working from home & remote working policy
- Potential to travel to other offices
- Annual personal training budget
- Company trips
- Paid caregiver leave
- Monthly office drinks & lunches
- Comprehensive private healthcare cover (DeepCrawl covers 100% of premiums)
- 1 paid volunteering day per quarter
- Company option shares participation
- Newest hardware
DeepCrawl is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a fast-growing and innovative tech company, then please apply via Applied. Only applicants that complete the Applied process will be considered.
Apply for Role