- Rendering speed
- Main thread activity
- Blocked scripts
- Scripts in the head
- Content duplication
- User events
- Service workers
What new metrics are available?
- Head Tags in Body Count – The number of <head> tags found in the <body> of the page.
- Body Tags in Head Count – The number of <body> tags found in the <head> of the page.
- Rendered Canonical Link Match – TRUE if the URL in canonical link in the rendered DOM matches the raw HTML canonical link URL.
- Rendered Word Count Difference – The difference of the word count found between the rendered DOM and the word count in the raw HTML of the page.
- Rendered Link Count Difference – The difference of the link counts found between the DOM and the raw HTML source of the page.
What new reports are available?
The new rendering issue metrics can be found in the Config > Rendering Reports.
Word Count Mismatch Report
Content is a critical element in ranking a page in search engine results. It is important to make sure that search engines can efficiently crawl and index content on a page. This report highlights the total difference in word count client-side (rendered DOM) and raw HTML (view-source).
Link Count Mismatch Report
Canonical Link Mismatch Report
A canonical tag is a strong signal to tell search engines which page you want to be the primary version of your content. Use this report to identify pages with canonical tag URL mismatches in rendered DOM and the raw HTML source.
Pages with a Broken <head>
If invalid HTML tags (such as images, iframes, etc) can break the <head> early and cause important meta tags (canonical, hreflang, meta robots) to be ignored by Google. Use this report to identify pages with a broken <head>.
To learn more about this issue we recommend reading more about breaking the <head>.
How can I get started?
That’s it. Now all future crawls will capture the new structured data metrics and reports.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these new reports available in the Google Data Studio connector?
Yes, all of these new reports are available in the Data Studio connector. If you have an existing data source or dashboard, you will need to go into the data source configuration and choose “Reconnect”
Will the new metrics and reports be available in the API?
Yes. Please read our API documentation to understand how to start pulling the data into your own workflows.
As always please share any feedback as this helps to improve DeepCrawl. If you have any questions about these new metrics, please feel free to get in touch with our team.