VP of Finance
Hey, thanks for checking out the VP of Finance role at Deepcrawl.
At Deepcrawl, we empower the world’s leading brands to harness their full revenue potential through the one initiative most businesses overlook – technical SEO.
Our vision is to empower businesses to bring SEOs, marketers, and engineers closer together, connecting the dots between often siloed SEOs and the wider business, and converging business operations to improve their website performance.
Our SaaS Technical SEO platform is used every day by thousands of enterprise businesses as well as all six major global group advertising agencies – including leading brands like Adobe, eBay, Microsoft, Twitch, Canva, and Paypal. And the number of brands using Deepcrawl is growing every day!
This is where you come in. To help drive our growth we’re looking for agile, ambitious folks with a strong growth mindset to join our team as a VP of Finance.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Finance will have global responsibility for the Finance function (US, UK and Poland). There is a preference for this role to be based in Chicago, however it is not a requirement.
As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead financial planning and analysis, business metrics tracking, and goal reviews with leadership.
- Serve as the finance leader at Deepcrawl working directly with Deepcrawl leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the monthly board reporting, including ownership of the consolidated financial statements, business KPIs and reforecasting.
- Work with the CEO and department heads to create incentivising commission and bonus plans that align with business goals
- Manage cash flow planning process
- Generate the monthly revenue forecast and maintain Gross Margin focus
- Gather, review, and communicate fact-based insights into variances and trends.
- Ensure departments operate within agreed budgets and devise action plans against adverse variances
Compliance & Processes
- Lead the finance function to ensure timely and smooth month end close
- Improve and simplify processes, drive standardization and reduce risk through comprehensive controls, and build scalable systems to support business growth
- Own the year end audit process for the group
- Ensure that the group is compliant with local laws and regulations with a focus on tax compliance in US, UK & Poland
- Manage online cap table (including relevant tax submissions) and stock options plans including execution of option agreements to employees
- Key player in future funding rounds, including equity raise management, pitch decks and financial presentation
- 8-10 years of accounting experience, ideally in a SaaS business
- Experience of equity raises
- Worked in organizations with the following attributes
- Business to business
- Sales focus
- Fast growing, e.g. from 80 people to 160, or from $10m to $30m revenue
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven success working with remote staff and team
- Strong technical accounting ability, to include deep working knowledge of US and UK GAAP and SaaS revenue recognition models
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Experience of US taxes (Sales tax, NEXUS and other taxes)
- Knowledge of UK financial regulations including R&D claims and VAT
- CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualification / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Demonstrated team player in a culture of open, honest, and direct communication. This individual should not be afraid to constructively challenge their peers on the executive team and have a proven ability to contribute to the overall business strategy and direction independent of functional expertise.
- Personality that embodies collaboration, confidence, dedication, personal accountability, and conviction without arrogance or inflexibility.
- Strategic thinker who can create and develop the long-term vision and is also a strong personal contributor with a desire to “roll-up their sleeves” and make it happen.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally
DeepCrawl is committed to developing a strong, functional culture. Our core values are not just words, they are the DNA of our company and we are happy to talk with you about how we live them at DeepCrawl.
- We are agile
- We are one team
- We get s*** done
- We make an impact
- …and we make it fun!
Why work for DeepCrawl?
- We’re an innovative and fast growing start-up
- Funding from a prominent Venture Capital firm
- Beautiful and spacious office space in the very heart of Manhattan
- An international business, with clients all over the world and offices across London, New York City and Krakow
- Flexible working from home & remote working policy
- Potential to travel to other offices
- Annual personal training budget
- Company trips
- Paid caregiver leave
- Monthly office drinks & lunches
- Comprehensive private healthcare cover (DeepCrawl covers 100% of premiums for you and your dependents)
- 1 paid volunteering day per quarter
- 2 personal days per year
- Summer Fridays (July-August)
- A minimum of 5 paid safe and sick days per year
- Company option shares participation
- Newest hardware
DeepCrawl is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a fast-growing and innovative tech company, then please apply. Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Apply for Role